Dear God, it's me again. How's up there? Love, Sara

sunnuntai 31. elokuuta 2008

Last day of my old life. New adventure starts tomorrow!

This past week has been quite emotional. Last Monday and Tuesday I had my last days at work and we had some cake and coffee together and they even sang me a song. It was nice and I gave them some candles by PartyLite. It was sad to leave but hey, I didn't cry and next summer we all are going to meet again, so things are good.

Tuesday evening I went to Kati's house. She hosted PartyLite evening there and I invited Saila with me and she also gave me a ride there which was onviously good thing.
On Wednesday me and Kati went to pillow shopping to Ikea. My roomie told me that they have many things waiting but no pillows and I also need to bring stuff like towels etc. In Ikea these things are pretty cheap, so cheap that I can leave those there when it's time to come home.
Wednesday evening I went to Arkki where I met Ayshka and Jonathan from England, originally came with this Toronto team last January to Arkki and now are here again.
It was good evening and also I went to the front to be prayed, even I thought about it for a long time should I go or shouldn't I go.

Thursday I almost spent at home, I just drove to the closest flower shop to buy orchid to Kati and I tried to find this 30 sign but they didn't have so I got this cute teddybear to go with the flower. ( I gave that to her on Friday.)
Evening time we had young adults meeting at my place and we had good time. Even this guy that I had met on Sunday came, ( well I invired him and his brothers but he lives very close by actually.) ALong our conversations I was able to find out that he has lived quite nearby where I originally come from. It felt like home to hear his accent with words.

Friday was the big day. Early morning I went to Katis place and started the birthday celebration/farewell party. Soon after me Johku, Miku and Sauli came with couple of songs. About two weeks ago I asked if they could do this a cappella style singing and just have fun with it and they actually said yes. It was amazing and they didn't even laugh doing it so very nice, good job guys.. As Johku said to me on Saturday: you own us your soul now :D.. yeah..
It was long day, we went to eat at Helsinki and we also watched a movie about Samoan Wedding. Very interesting.. hehe. It was almost eleven at night when I was at home.

Saturday my friends picked me to go to Svartholmen where all the other youth and young adults had started the youth camp. I had great day there to see my friends and get to know new friends, like these brothers. It was so nice but also so sad, knowing that soon I have to leave and we will see each others next summer. They had made me this card and gave this box full of candy to my journey. So sweet and I just felt like crying the whole time really. it was hard.
It was after midnight until I was at home, I got a ride from our senior pastor who also visited the camp.

On SUnday I saw my friend that I haven't really seen because she lives in a other city little bit further from here. Then I went to Arkki church. My Church blessed me to go and they also gathered me an offering. Here I can admit that I was thinking, oh it's only few here so the offering isn't so big.. how selfish of me. Then I was thinking, no I can't think so badly, God can do miracles and just bless that money. So when they gave me the money it was over 400 euros. Even more what I got when I went to India and now they did two offerings/two baskets. This is Sara's basket and this is CHurch's basket. Both of us got money. How great is our God, he is awesome. THank You God, Thank You Father. I love You.

Then after Church we had this evening snack at home. Where some of my siblings came with their families and then few friends. They gave me few encouraging words and also blessed me to my journey. LIke my dad said: we don't know what are bringing with you when you come back but.. we'll see.. :D it was the best.. As everyone is like so Sara, you are going to bring your husband from there and I'm like no, I'm not going there to find husband. I'm just going to find myself..

Okay, my last day in FInland has started now. Tomorrow I'll meet Anne but first I have to survive from the Airport by calling some number and someone to pick m eup.. Sounds scary..
Today I hope some friends will stop by and everything. I hope some of my new friends would come too. How pathetic am I :D Now I go to the supermarket to leave my bottles there and get money back and buy this thinc necklace chain for this heart that I got from my colleagues.
See you in USA!

S

Ei kommentteja: