Dear God, it's me again. How's up there? Love, Sara

perjantai 5. syyskuuta 2008

in the USA

So here I am. I made it. I'm in the USA. wow. in a way it's still hard to believe even though I'm already here.
I have been here 4 days. I arrived on Monday so this is my 4th day.
I was happy to notice that everything on my way here went so smoothly. Happy about that :)
I also noticed that it is hot here, for me this is summer. To these guys here, not. ALmost like in India, the weather is moist. So on TUesday when this Austin came to pick me up from the aiport we went to to hope center where I waited for Anne and soon they came and I started to do the dishes. So perfect way to start my year in USA, isn't it? ;D After that we came to the house, dropped my stuff here, met the family Rich and Dixie ( the couple who started this work here). The evening we spent walking around little bit, went to the stores, saw some cheap clothes because here you don't have to pay taxes from clothes. .SOunds gooood. I didn't buy anything but Anne found some tops and then we went to eat at Wendy's and gossiping about Finland :D
She is so happy to have a friend visiting, although she is going to Finland in less than two weeks.

Wednesday is the day at hope center when the team spends time together, have some teaching, worship etc. It was also the last day of Saara, this girl from Finland who lived in this room where I stay now. She was also working for this nycr. Then the bus team had a meeting of some kind and then we started to clean. I helped with vacuuming, mopping the floors and carrying some stuff. Let me just say that oh, I was tired after that because I was already tired before it.
But after the day we went to the Jersey Gardens Mall. It's so huge place, and usually it's like full of people but that day it wasn't that much because schools just started and it was in the middle of the week. I bought two pairs of pants, my size and then this cool t-shirt that I would liked more in pink but white was more fitting. I still have so much to learn about these size scales here. At the mall we ate at Johnny's something diner type place, where they have looshes where we sat and these waitresses whit white uniforms came to serve us. Coool. It was loong day.

Yesterday we went to Bronx. Before that we prepared the soup, ice tea and all that. So there was a lot of work before even going, luckily this lady with her kids came to help us. Then we were divided into two teams, bus 1 and bus 2. We both went to BRonx, My team bus 2, we went to Treamont park. It was busy day. First I was sharing information about housing etc. It was good time and I was able to pray for people and talk with them and help with that. Then me and this Maria ( also girl from Finland, actually a girl whose room Nelli rented) switched places and I went to the kitchen to give food for the people. iT was hot and busy day. We were there around 10 am and we were there till 2 pm. I think around noon we ran out soup and around 1 pm we ran out of ice tea and then it was only bread to give really. It was good. I already saw Manhattan skyline from the bus. It looked sooo nice :D From Bronx we drove back to the center and did the dishes and oh, my back hurted so bad but before 4 we were ready and around four we got a ride from Steve to home. IT was so nice to have a shower after that and just rest little bit. Then Anne cooked our dinner, I also met Welda, Richards mother who came from Cali where she had been for two months visiting her daughter. SHe lives in this same house. Anne made us some rice and chicken with some sweet'n sour sauce. Really good. I noticed that here people don't eat that much and everything is so clean and oh, I have to be so precise.

I just found out that on Monday when I arrive to Redding 16.25, my new friend Sheena who is supposed to pick me up, starts her shift at work at 17.30 so it's busy.. And looks like that she thinks that I am ready to go to her work and wait there until 22.15 when I'm ready to go home. As if. But just have to remember to say that to her. I think I just want to go settle down.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to meet Ester and David at Manhattan and they will show me around little bit. THen Anne comes there and we can go to places :Dso cool..

I am excited to be here. YEsterday evening we went to Calvary Tabernacle, it's a church where Anne goes. I went to this prophecy room where these people prophecised for me and it was taped and I got the tape. Nice. There was good stuff and stuff that we must see what comes :D

Laters!

S

Ei kommentteja: