Dear God, it's me again. How's up there? Love, Sara

keskiviikko 8. lokakuuta 2008

amt's and stuff like that..

Hey..

Time flies so fast and I forget to write in this blog.. So sorry about that.
So FUN week was last week and we did our collage journaling which was fun, even though I had some trouble making it look like me.
Then was this retreat that many had said that it's the best thing during this year.
It was nice thing but I wouldn't agree that it would be the best of this year.

Our retreat was in JH Ranch, two hours north from here. Some revival groups had their retreats in Chico at YWAM base.
We stayed in cabins with 9 other people. My cabin was called Birches and others named after trees.
We went there with car caravans. In our caravan there was 3 cars and our car that Kalia was driving was leading the caravan. In the first 20 minutes we already had to stop because the second car had some problems, well problem called overload. 4 guys and trunk full of stuff. Oh, you should have seen this guy cutting the medal of the car that was touching the back wheel. Well, we took some of their stuff in our car. Also on our way there we saw a truck cabin on fire and then we took this short cut there which was helpful but the roads there were soooo narrow. It was scary.

Retreat place was nice, huge, lovely place. But, I think it is made for being able to be outside. And it was raining almost all the time. Not nice at all. With our revival group there was Gabes rg and 2 second year revival groups too. So a lot of people.
On Friday we had this group meeting. we had some group games, well one long game. Then Sheri asked us if there was some people that felt little bit outsiders for different reasons or just that wasn't really a part of the group. And I put my hand in the air, after little bit of fighting inside my head. And yeah, brave me to do that. I still wasn't only one, there was some other people too who felt the same way and we all stood up, went in front and the other guys and girls arounded us and prayed over us and prophecied over us. That was awesome. It felt good.
Of course there are things in my life that I know I need to take care of but yesterday when I went to school, it was fun. I think I haven't smiled that much during a day earlier here.
Bad thing on retreat was that it was raining so much that it wasn't nice to be outside.
But I played some games with others that I want to buy and take with me to Finland. yeyaa.

Weekend went so fast. Katrina moved/is visiting me here at the dorm. I don't know for how long exactly but couple days. Well, we have passed those couple days but it's fun to have someone here. But it shows that it's also difficult to find the own peace and rhytm to do things whenn there's other one around. But we have made some s'mores and on Monday evening we attended Movie Night here on campus. It was supposed to be on the lawn, that's what we were waiting for but it was inside the cafeteria. The movie was called the Sandlot. It was nice movie, it made me laugh and there was some s'mores too in the movie.. hahah.

On Monday I got my first package from Finland. Some Salmiakki.. yam. I also got an envelope from my brother which included my international student card. So like my brother that he didn't even include a note inside it. Just sent that to me..

Yesterday we started our first AMT's (Advanced Ministry Training) and my first 5week course is International Transformation. It seems very good place to be, even though when it was my turn to say why I am there, I felt that I so embarrased myself talking confusing way... Don't know.

TOday we are divided into small groups. I'm excited to know who will be in my group. I hope some nice people that I will easily get along with.

Anyway, we have this dorm meeting soon so I have to go there. I have no clue what it is about but hey, it will find out soon.

S

Ei kommentteja: